Whether you are trying to get pregnant or you already are, your doctor should always remain a key player in your overall health. If you have health insurance, contact your insurer directly to ask about the specific types of coverage available to you as a pregnant mother. You may be surprised just how much support is available to help you to remain healthy during your pregnancy. For many women, investing in a comprehensive health insurance plan that offers complete pregnancy coverage can be well worth it.
What Preventative Care Does Your Insurer Cover?
Every health insurance plan is different. It is always important to read through the coverage listed on your policy to learn what it specifically protects against and provides for. Some services available to women who are pregnant or trying to conceive include:
- Anemia screenings, which can help to pinpoint troublesome drops in iron levels common in pregnant mothers.
- Sexually transmitted disease screenings are also very important. This includes syphilis, hepatitis B, HIV/AIDS and gonorrhea. This is essential so that doctors can ensure your child remains safe.
- Folic acid screening and supplementation may be available as it is an important prenatal vitamin.
- Urinary tract and infection screenings, common in pregnant women, are often done on a routine basis.
- Physical exams and ultrasounds are conducted on a regular schedule.
- Breastfeeding support and counseling services are often available to pregnant women and those who have just given birth.
- Gestational diabetes screenings, often given between 24 and 28 weeks of pregnancy, are especially important for those who are at a high risk for developing this condition.
In addition to this, many health insurance policies offer much more coverage. This may include cancer screenings, hormone screenings, testing for osteoporosis and mental health screenings. Many programs also offer care such as exercising programs and child birthing prep.
Contact your insurer to learn about specific coverage or work closely with an insurance agent to find an affordable policy that offers the coverage you want and need. It may be important for you to choose a policy that offers the specific types of coverage you need specifically.
We’ve got you covered. Call Loftis & Wetzel Corporation at (855) 360-0466 for more information on Oklahoma City health insurance.